As a leading UK supplier of servicing for Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHPs) in Surrey, Kent, Sussex and throughout the home counties, Nicholls Boreholes is frequently commissioned to install and service solutions for rural leisure and tourism businesses.
The GSHP service agreement described here covers an estate that includes holiday homes, riding stables and leisure pools and is in Robertsbridge, East Sussex, close to the Kent border.
The owners have a rolling, annual ground source heat pump service agreement for two GSHP systems which Nicholls Boreholes installed at the property.
The first, set up in 2010, comprises five boreholes for a 22w NIBE pump system. This provides hot water and heating (from an under floor system which we installed) for the four holiday rental properties and a converted barn, hot water for the stables, a swimming pool spa, plunge pool and jacuzzi.
The other system, completed a year later, consists of 3 boreholes for a 15kw NIBE GSHP which provides hot water and heating for the main house.
On completion, we set up an annual service agreement for both the GSHP systems.
Servicing for Ground Source Heat Pumps at Robertsbridge, Sussex/Kent borders – what is included in the service agreement
- Checking the GSHP borehole flow rates at the manifold (where possible), and changing the settings if required
- Checking the Glycol index (the heat transfer efficiency of the Glycol diminishes as time goes on, to the point where it may need to be replaced. If this is the case, we will notify you in advance of the cost per litre)
- Topping up the Glycol, and adjusting the working pressure if needed
- Carrying out a visual check on all the system equipment, valves, strainers and insulation
- Cleaning the filters in the plant room; carrying out a comprehensive check of all heat pump settings and making adjustments if needed*
- Checking all underfloor heating manifold flow rates if necessary
- Checking for any alarm messages which have been stored on the system
- Servicing the hot water cylinder
- Checking the operation and setting of the thermostats*
The same client also commissioned Nicholls Boreholes to drill and install a water well in autumn 2010, in order to benefit from a private water supply for their properties, equestrian unit, smallholding and pools. We also service this waterwell on an annual basis.
For more information about our Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP) servicing for Surrey, Sussex, Kent and throughout the UK, please contact us now.