At a glance
- One 87KW Heat Pump for heating and hot water
- Thirteen boreholes each 120m deep
- Replacement of a conventional heating system in a sensitive environment
- Experienced contractor on large retrofit projects
- Funded via Brighton and Hove Energy Services Co-operative
- Turnkey solution – design, installation and maintenance
Nicholls Boreholes were tasked by a public school in East Sussex to replace an aging oil heating system with a future proof, clean and energy efficient heating solution. The climate credentials of the system were crucial in order to promote the health of students and staff as well as keeping running costs to a minimum.
Nicholls designed and then oversaw all aspect of the system; from drilling of boreholes, groundworks and heat pump installation.
The 87kW heat pump provides heating and hot water for the entire school and associated accommodation upstairs through the application of an instantaneous hot water cylinder.
A school environment presents a number of challenges for contractors, but by undertaking all work ourselves, we can ensure the high levels of service customers have come to expect from us.
“This low-carbon heating project will have a major impact on the lives of school students for decades to come so it was vital to get this right. Nicholls Boreholes were ideal project partners, providing exceptional levels of professionalism and teamwork that ensured a great experience of the client.”Kayla Ente, CEO of BHESCo